Thursday, July 31, 2014

RACING


My mind is racing blind,

yet seeing world thru echo location.

Synapses perceive reality from experience.

There is wonder in how being and living are related.

The question intrudes:  Is sleep a death of being

or a temporal suspension of life ?

I ponder waking up as a revival or resurrection.        

I churn thinking about the corporal

because I can’t imagine this race ending.

Even in finite laps, I postulate

my uniqueness, willing to wheel on,

 silly hopes trumping reality.

 Very learned people say matter is never destroyed, only mutated.

So, will  I become part of a greater?

I don’t remember being for my first four years of life.

I weigh this between  memory loss or just life before being.

I am vested in the intrigue, 

But my race suspends in a pit stop.

Even the eternal will pause for a warm tuna melt and iced tea.

-Jerry Wendt 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment