Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Me- The Sea


 
Shame.  You seem to know it no more.  You have spoken reverence to Me for eons.  You called Me Guo pu, Tangaroa, Neptune, Doris, Kanaluo, Idirgijengel, Njhord, and Poseiden. I received your prayers , your sacrifice, and your offerings.  I thought eternally I could reward you with my bounty, My beauty and My being.

I thought you had respect that My lofty mountains, My deepest canyons, My forests , deserts and even My angry volcanos which are home to more living things than populate your puny lands ?

Those that lived by My grace used to have respect for Me.  I was lore and legend. There was awe and inspiration from Me .

Now, I cry for vast islands of flotsam that gather as cancers on my  glistening skin. My tears flow copiously for my leviathans struggling in plastic netting ,or bounteous schools of marine life taken from Me beyond any hope for replenishment.

I grieve for fluids I stood as sentinel over for eternities, now drawn forth from my belly and spilled back into my realm by the careless who have appreciation only for the weight of their purses.

Aquatic clarity has become occluded.  My gardens die here, great reefs are destroyed and in my bosum My deepest flocks die because of temperature changes at my core. Slowly yes, but surely I diminish in sanctuary.

You delight in my shores, the beauty of sun off me .  “Oh, that sea air,” you relish. And then throw your garbage into my face. How callous.

Huge float factories skirt upon  my vastness,  with captures for hungry masses. But also are taken  the lives of the unwanted like seals and dolphins, and sharks and turtles, all deaths that go unmourned and worse, unnoticed . . . except to me when you throw their carcasses back.

Please know I am no more eternal than you.  This may not seem easy to grasp as I have always “ been.”  I was before and will be after.  But I can die. I am dying-  A death due to the disease of “You”.  Like all other things, you cannot take, take, take, and expect there will always be more.  You cannot keep dumping garbage  into Me and expect Me to remain  crystalline.  The wage you will pay for your pollution is death. Mine first and then yours, because we are tied and cannot exist without the other.  

So the time has come.  As My resplendence astounds your vision looking upon me,  think also of being part of My preservation.  It will come down to your decision and the teaching of it to yours and of your efforts to keep, guard and treasure My resource.  My majesty “from sea to shining sea”  depends entirely on y-o-u. 

-Jerry Wendt 2015 

The “Gods” of “Me”-  Tangaroa- Maori Australian, Guo Pu- Chinese,  Doris- Greek,  Poseidon- Greek,  Kanaloa – Hawaiian,  Idiragijengel -Inuit Alaskan, Njoprd- Norse, Neptune- Roman.

No comments:

Post a Comment